Thursday 15 September 2011

DAY 28

Yaya Monday. I was pretty pumped for today as I was excited to go around kentucky with Emily and her mum and Debra. Bring on tourist stuff!

So we first headed out to Bera which is like a place outside of Richmond Kentucky. Exciting. It's full of folk art things and neat crafty things.

Our first stop was A little visitors center thing in Bera which was pretty cool. People make all these little things out of pretty much anything. Which is talented. You kinda feel untalented...but you try and appreciate the work that they did.

So from there we headed to a little folk town called old town. Ha fitting because it was kinda old. And crafty. Good times. So we saw a lady who made glass beads, fudge, and weaves blanket things. Not all the same lady but they were all ladies and they did one of the things just mentioned. I was intrigued by them and excited because well they looked cool. The fudge was good. I got the dark chocolate one. Ahh yumm.

We were getting a bit hungry so emilys mum wanted to take us to the infamous, Boone tavern. Named after the classic Daniel boone was cowboy and Indians guy.check him out on google and the history books. He basically made this particular part of Kentucky so that was cool. Historic love!

Well we came here because of the spoon bread. What? It's like a cake consistency but substitute sugar for salt and put it in a massive dish add a spoon and a happy face and tadaaaa, the bread is then spooned onto your plate, then smuther with butter and enjoy.

Well my friends spoon bread is like spongey salt. Different but worth it just because it's the way.

So I had the Daniel Boone burger in tribute to him and well that was delicious! Yummo my friend!

Then around the corner there is a man who makes dulcimers. So my friend google a dulcimer. They are like classic hill Billy things that have the best twang ever. I got to jam with the man who made them. I know lucky as but what the heck you live once on earth. So cool. They have this wicked twang of country that I love and I was like I want one but ahh I didn't have like $300 to spend and so I was like eh but I got to play one.

Then up the mountains and then into the land of pottery. Amazingly cool pottery at a place in Bera I forgot the name but she was crack up. She made a couple of things for us to see and wow she is good. She has alot of things but I like the little lanterns things.

So form there we headed back and thank you to Emily and her mum for taking myself and Debra out to explore Bera!

Monday night is football night so we went to Daniels football game. Ahh wicked as my friends! I loved it. Yelling and cheering. W managed to be sitting on the oppositions side and well I was cheering for the other team. Ha awkward. They probably had guns...but I had mustard so bring it on!

So dinner was a classic hot dog and snickers meal. And then to top it off so my friends daniles team one and so I was cheering and well others were glad we left. I love sports games it's heaps fun because if you get into the game my friends youwill love it eden ifyou Are surrounded by Leo le with guns cheering agianst them. Ha bring it on my friends!

So that was my wicked monday! Enjoy it and fall in love with the fun things of life. Do something crazy and est a hot dog at a sporte game or get in touch with your creative styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment