Sunday 11 September 2011

DAY 22

Woo Texas and bring on the sights!

So brianne and to go to work naturally as she isn't a lazy traveling person like me so she dropped me off at a park thing that had museums and a zoo.

I was excited! Wooo so exciting. The park was pretty big and I have no idea what the name of the park was but needless to say you could ride a little train around it!

So I had to wait a bit for the zoo to open so I just walked around the park and taa daaa it opens.

It wasn't like a giant zoo but it was pretty darn big.
I walked around and found a cool sign that said vulture feeding. Ah I have a weird thing about vultures. I think they are intriguing. I have no idea why but they look creepy but wow amazing. So I went to the vulture pen which is next to the elephant pen.

I watched an elephant eat for like 15 mins while waiting for the vultures to be fed. But lo no vulture feeding. Ahh birds are gun no be hungry man! But well I have now learnt elephants arepretty interesting to watch eat.

They were also washing the elephants which well is a mammoth task pardon the pun! They had a baby elephant that basically wanted to play in the water. He did so enjoyingly I wanted to be him. It was like 30 degrees and humid. So reminded me of Brisbane.

I walked around the zoo, found a flamingo enclosure ahh they are beautiful birds. Funny looking and I guess that's why I like them.

Took lots of photos of frogs and lizards and this albino crocodile. Freaky thing all white and weird.

From the zoo I got a ticket for the train, and an ice-cream. Hoped on the train while the lady taking my ticket was devo about me not buying her one. Ah I didn't know you were alive until just then so sorry I dint buy you one. Not quite but almost.

The train took me to the natural history museum which I was excited about. I went to the front desk to purchase a ticket and the lady said to wait 10 mins and you can go in for free. Ahh boo ya! So waited in the gift shop and found stingray leather jewelry. Ahh right then. The stuff cost $500 min so you have to have some serious cash with you. But I had never seen anyone make jewelry from stingray leather.

So went to get my free ticket and I just walked around. Saw the part dinosaur skeleton which is exciting. I guess you have to think about where did they come from and do they still exist somewhere? But I learnt that my favorite animal is pre historic. The jelly fish was one of the first organisms to evolve from the big bang theory. So jelly fish are dinosaurs in a non reptile way. They found jellyfish remains at an archilogical site in south Australia.

The only time australia is mentioned in museums here is for their fossils and opals of queensland. Saw some pretty cool gems and stones ain the gem stone section of the museum. It was pretty big. One part was all about energy and they demonstrated how bombs are sorta made.

There are bombs which are compounded energy that explode whilst under water. It's electric so like an underwater electric bomb thing. That had A demo one in a small tube that went off and heck was loud and powerful when you touched it. Made your whole body Shake.

Down the bottom of the museum was a Macdonalds so I treated myself to a mcflirry thing.

Brianne had finished work by that time yay so came and picked me up.

I had a desire to eat steak whilst in Texas so Brianne took me to saltgrass which is the texas steak of steak houses so welcome me!

The waiter was a gem and I truely didn't understand what she was saying because I was counting how many times she said Y'ALL. Dead set she said it at least 5 times. I was like ha wow I love Texas.

So we had bread which was a delicious, then salad huge...then the big guns a TEXAS T-BONE STEAK with steak potatoes which was gigantic. So mouthwateringly delicious I devoured my steak and then undid the button on my pants! Nah didn't but oh I was stuffed! I am glad I ate heaps on my mission because heck it prepared me for America! The waitress asked if we wanted dessert and I was like ahhh no. But I wanted to see the cool tray they had of plastic desserts. I was like ahh what the heck fake food cleaver. I thought they had made one of each of the foods and then put it on the tray. Then a guy touched the food I was like ewww dude.

From my Texas steak adventure we went back to Brianne's house and waited for steph to come home. Brianne made cinnamon scrolls. These are heavenly. I remember on the mission brianne tEaching me how to make cinnamon rolls but later on I tried to make them and I failed miserably...ahh good times! So I sat and reminisced the joy of that day.

After the cinnamon rolls we headed out to frozen yoghurt yay! It was called yoghurt land fitting! They had taro flavored yoghurt. Not bad kinda tasted like taro which was disturbing but hey you live once so bring on the taro! If you don't know what taro is google it.

We got a cool spoon it had hello kitty on it and well I was wearing my mascot tshirt which is hello kitty and an American flag behind her. Of course I had to choose her.

Well my friends that was my exciting trip of Texas! I love Texas and like the giant sticker on my suitcase says "don't mess with Texas!"

Do something crazy with your days enjoy and remember police cars are not comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. You changed your background...Texas sounds fun! My postcard was awesome. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I am glad you liked the post card. I hope the other ones come! But hey I love taxas!

    ReplyDelete