Thursday 15 September 2011

DAY 26

My dreams are coming true today. What dream is that? My dream to eat KFC in Kentucky! YAY I AM ECITED!!!!

Start our day off right with classic and huge breakfast. So well my friends, French toast, with syrup and eggs and bacon and juice and yum! Classic heart attack place! Crocker barrel. Check it out if you want kentucky grease food.

So today is the epic drive out to where it all started. THe home of KFC is in Corbin Kentucky. It stared back in the 1930s and then apparently the first one was in Utah. That is crack up! Mormons must love KFC and heck on my Mission they sure did.

So we drove out that way and it was about 2 hours but it didn't take that long. I am a bad navigator so they gave me the gps thing and even then we missed the turn off and had to do a couple of u-turns. Well my friends we found instead Cumberland falls. It's like a mini niagara like ity in comparison but it was exciting because well it's was cool I liked it and we took lots of photos.

Debras husband is a photographer.so he was excited to take some photos. It was fun at the falls. Nearly cracked my head open on the overhanging boulders but hey I like scars.

From there we managed to find our way back to Corbin and there it was on the right hand side of the road. Gleaming in neon and a giant KFC bucket upon a large pole. W had arrived.

I don't think I got out of the car fast enough but heck I was pumped! Beyond excited to see and be there at the home of KFC.

I learnt that Col. Sanders started selling the spice of chicken before he made fried chicken. That is pretty cool.he was old when he started and died in the 80s.

We took some photos I sat next to the Man and kissed him hahaha. Then the time came to eat.

Chicken was the same. I kinda like Australia's chicken better but USA has the best mash and gravy ever. They do thane chips but man the mash makes up for it. They adware Ed with biscuits or scones in translation and aren't bad.

Overall it was a KFC experience never o forget. To top it off inhale a tshirt to go with it.

It was well worth it.

We headed back towards home but had to stop at the grocery store. A haha my life got even better. So they have those electric scooter things that have a trolley attached to them. With the help of my new found friends and telling the lady that I was Australian and having the accent to go with it well my friends I drove an electric trolley in the supermarket.

Never have I ever had so much fun. I love to go grocery shopping but this was better! So well the features included a horn and backing beeps when one reverses. Ah bliss so I had a giant smile on my face while I zoomed around the grocery store.

I managed to back into a shelf, try and make a new friend with a super old guy who was also on a motorized scooter thing but I don't know if he heard or saw me when I said hello. But I was trying to be friendly.

The crack up part was when we were leaving the lady told a coworker that they didn't have these scooter things in Australia. Man being Australian has its advantages. The accent is the best and it's hard to fake.

So my friends do something crazy and fulfill your dreams and eat KFC ok so that is my dam and I know I am weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment