Thursday 15 September 2011

DAY 23

It's a sad day leaving Texas but brianne and her friend steph were willing to wake up at the crack of dawn to take me to the airport. Love them dearly!!

So I caught my little plane to Kentucky. Not really much to report other then I think I slept for most of it..mouth gaping open and the uncanny delights of penults.I love airplane peanuts. Why? I think it's cool how they are in these cute little packets I love them! So very much. I am excited when ever they give me two.

So from the airport in cincinnati I had to catch a taxi to the grey hound bus station. Ah weird I don't like taxis because one over priced and two because it's scary being the only person in the car other then the driver. It's just not my friend. Ok in a city I know but who takes a taxi in Hobart? Ok so I did once but all is well.

so it was a fir way out form the airport to the grey hound but wow Cincinnati is a pretty city. Like it looks nice and exciting. Maybe for a day.

So at the grey hound bus station I got my bag weighed and then waited for the bus. I made a friend. Bret. Going into the marines to follow his fathers footsteps. He loves Minnesota so he went on holiday and well fell in love. Different kid. Nice innocent and ready to serve his country. His grandfather had some fun dealings with the mafia which cracked me up my friends. I love that. So I was excited but he had little idea about it. His grandfather had passed away.

So it was about two hours to Lexington by bus which isn't bad but hey I think sometimes you just have to suck up the weird things. So yay Lexington.

It was weird seeing Debra again. The lt time I saw here I was on. My mission and we were saying goodbye. This time it was hello. It was exciting to say the least.

So welcome to Kentucky I guess. Well what does that mean? Well hello to KFC for some a staple food. On the mission a staple food.

So I was staying with Debra and her family for about a week which is such a blessing! I was pumped as to relax and spend some time with an Americans ha ok just fun to relax.

Her house felt like a home as soon as you walked in I was excited to be there and knew we'd have some fun.

I was pretty tired but we ended up going to a youth activity that evening where I met Emily. Emily was a sister missionary who served in Arizona. A friend of mine form my mission was serving in Arizona and they had been companions. It was awesome! Random how across the world you meat some amazing people who knew people that you know. Especially in the LDS circle.

Somthat was neat. I am not sure what else we did but I know I ate food and then I went to bed.

So do something crazy and take a taxi in your home town. See how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment